CDEC - Developing Global Learning
- Bringing the World into the Classroom – an introduction to the 8 key themes of global learning, with practical classroom activities and ideas to challenge you and your pupils’ thinking
- Global Dates and Global Weeks – how to promote global learning through regular whole school focus days or weeks, emphasising key themes throughout the year
- Fair Trade – practical ideas on how to promote and explore the themes around fair trade and its impact on farmers and producers
- Human Rights – using resources and activities to promote human rights in your school with a global perspective, focussing on Children’s Rights and the common needs of all
- Going for Goals! The Sustainable Development Goals – what they are, why they are important, and practical ways we can all help achieve them
- Literacy to open up the world – using stories and books to raise awareness and understanding, challenge stereotypes and preconceptions, and develop children’s knowledge of the world
Each of these courses will enable teachers to support pupils to develop critical skills and increase their knowledge and understanding of the world and global themes and issues, and provide opportunities for them to actively participate in learning and change. Examples and references used are about developing countries and all courses use a participatory methodology and enquiry and critical thinking approach.
|Is the training available in Welsh?
||SLT, KS2 & KS3 Teachers & Governors
Whole day, half day, twilight
For details about the cost of training and how it can support your school, and/or school networks to improve global learning practice, please contact the Provider directly: