Refugees and Asylum Seekers
Support on teaching about refugees from GLP-W
The GLP-W offers resources to help your school to celebrate the contribution that refugees make to our country, and to encourage pupils to explore the complex issues of migration and interdependence. Help your pupils explore these topical global issues with this updated support from GLP-W:
- Refugees Key Stage 2-3 – an activity plan for geography, PSE or numeracy lessons. Updated recently and linked to the curriculum in Wales, this plan includes suggestions for classroom activities, ideas for going deeper or wider in your investigations, plus links to a wide range of teaching resources. Download here
- Refugees in Europe – guidance for teachers including the background to the crisis, links to learning outcomes, key definitions and a list of bilingual resources. Download here
- GLP-W support for critical thinking
- Using a national themed week as a focus for global learning: case study from the Alun School GLP-W network
Did you know?
- In 2015 there were 244 million international migrants worldwide, 3% of the world's population. About 8% were refugees.
Safe Havens and New Challenges Workshops
Safe Havens and New Challenges training resources
Refugee Resources List 2018
Refugee Resource list
Further support and guidance on teaching controversial issues and critical thinking
Support for controversial issues