Aims of the GLP-W
The GLP-W aims to embed global learning in the curriculum and the wider life of the school. It’s not simply about global learning being delivered through a single subject, the occasional assembly or theme day but rather aims to:
- Help children and young people understand their role in a globally interdependent world and explore ways by which they can make it more just and sustainable
- Familiarise pupils with the concepts of interdependence, development and globalisation
- Stimulate critical thinking about global issues, both at a whole school and pupil level
- Help schools promote greater awareness of global poverty and how it can be reduced
- Enable teachers to explore new and alternative ways of teaching about development and sustainability in the classroom.
Guidance and support for embedding global learning across the whole of your school can be found throughout the GLP-W website.